Made For More


Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Raging Battle

  
The battle at times can be a mellow rain on the horizon or a full blown storm. From month to month, day to day, or even moment to moment that battle can peak into a devastating hurricane than just as quickly dissolve into just a few drops of rain.  

The battle I am speaking of is not the weather, but a much deeper emotionally and spiritually war.  It is being fought daily between is my relationship with God and how I view His work in me.  There are days when I can see all the blessings he has given me.  On other days I doubt His goodness.  I let my situations overcome me.  For an example I struggle with Fibromyalgia.  Even though I  am still able to function and have only minor set backs I lack the trust and faithfullness.  I forget to thank Him for the good days and for giving me the strength to get through the bad days. I feel it is one thing to say I rely fully on God, but not as easy put into action when I let emotions and negative influences overcome me. I have filled this void with anything that will distract me.  I start to crave that distraction.  I am learning to lean on HIm instead of everything else.

Here are a few passages that have helped put things in perspective for me.  I pray those that read this blog will feel empowered by these also.

 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.  2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)


 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.   “All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced;  those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.   Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.   For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear;  I will help you. Isaiah 41:10-13 (NIV)

 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
 I do not claim to have it all together and I will continue to have set backs, but one thing I do have is God and His promises.


In His Grace,                                 

Peg                                  

3 comments:

  1. I battle with a chronic illness so I understand a lot of what you wrote. Excited to read more posts from you. fortheirtenderhearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key is like you said, "rely on Him instead of something else."

    Thanks for sharing the Bible verses. My fav is Philippian 4:13 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless of our types of battle, you described them perfectly. Sometimes they are barely there, and sometimes a full blown attack. His Word, though, is enough to get us through. Thank you for sharing!
    Lauren, P31 OBS blog hop team

    ReplyDelete